Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Can't Figure Out Where Rows Are Going

Tom Lane wrote:
Aside from the suggestion already made that the inserting transaction
got rolled back instead of committed, I'd wonder about indirect
deletions due to ON DELETE CASCADE foreign keys, or deletions executed
by PL-language functions.  Neither of those would produce obvious log
entries for their effects...
Is there no way to trace all SQL statements executed including PL-language functions? There is at least one functional unit in PostgreSQL (the optimizer for example) which does at least some processing of all SQL statements, I presume.

Thanks
Peter