Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Can't Figure Out Where Rows Are Going

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

If that was occurring, would the log show it? I don't see any sign of a
roll-back occurring in the log and when I run the queries in psql, they seem
to complete properly.

> From: Terry Fielder <terry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 19:43:19 -0400
> To: Rodrigo Gonzalez <rjgonzale@xxxxxxxxx>
> Cc: HH <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, PostgreSQL <pgsql-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Can't Figure Out Where Rows Are Going
>
> Is there an chance the rows are being inserted in a transaction that
> fails and rolls back?  Maybe look at all the lines that were inserted
> with that order, and try them manually in psql, character for character,
> and see if an error pops up for any of the lines?
>
> Terry Fielder
> terry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Associate Director Software Development and Deployment
> Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes
> Fax: (416) 441-9085
>

> Rodrigo Gonzalez wrote:
>> Just to be sure....
>>
>> Any error msg in log?
>>
>> Maybe you can run this query in psql and see if it return any error msg
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Rodrigo
>>
>> HH wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am running 8.1.3, built from source, on RHEL4/x64.
>>>
>>> I have a Web application that uses this database to sell products. We
>>> have
>>> an order table and an order lines table with a one to many relationship
>>> between them.
>>>
>>> For the past few months I have had a strange problem where sometimes
>>> (about
>>> 2% of orders), the line item rows disappear. By disappear I mean that