Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Is PostgreSQL an easy choice for a large CMS?

And from reading that page, one can see that InnoDB tables are still
considered to be kind of the "red headed step child" of table handlers
by the mysql crew.  Sad, because it's the only table handler they have
than can truly handle any real concurrency of reads and writes mixed
together (it's a true MVCC modeled table handler).

I was just reading something about InnoDB. I've largely ignored it
myself, but basically MySQL is developing their own in-house engine
because InnoDB is now owned by Oracle. And I think there's been
problems with MySQL suddenly going from InnoDB to myISAM kinda out of
the blue. So much for transactions, right? :)

Anthony