Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Mailing list setup issue

Chris Velevitch wrote:
On 4/27/06, Guy Rouillier <guyr@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Done on purpose.  Use "reply to all".

Isn't that a bad habit to get into? There's been a lot of press about
people who habitually reply all.

Besides, isn't the point of a mailing list is that it's a global
public discussion on a topic in which all subscribers can 'listen in'
on the discussion. You never know what useful information can be
obtained from seeing the full discussion.

In addition, it's not the norm. I subscribe to lots of mailing lists
and postgresql.org lists are the only ones that I've seem do that.

So what's the reasoning behind this choice?

Look, this really has become a religious issue. There are list that do it both ways. Let's not waste anymore bandwidth on the list with it. Learn to live with the way the list is setup.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin