Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Database Selection

On Tuesday 25 April 2006 01:46, IvoD wrote:
> My "sixth sense" tells me that PostgreSQL is better than MySQL,
> therefore for main app I prefer PostgreSQL; but I am in doubt to run
> only one db engine for two databases. But my "inner space" tells me to
> separate newsgroups system and company data system and run two
> different db engines - in light of security (although only one db
> engine looks promissing).

This seems pretty illogical if you follow that line of thinking out a little
further.  Would you expect it to be more secure if you ran one system on
linux, apache, mod_foo and the other on bsd, lighty, and mod_bar ?  Best to
through your support behind one complete system (sounds like postgresql from
system secure.

--
Robert Treat