Search Postgresql Archives

Re: "save history" problem

Hi Martijn.

Thanks for the tip on there being no real difference in the two paths (i.e.,
I'm not a Unix guy).

Unfortunately, as I said in my original post, using the .psqlrc option to
set the HISTFILE to the user directory didn't work either.

After changing ownership of the /usr/local/pgsql/ to the postgres user, the
history file mechanism works (i.e., the history is saved in the
.psql_history file), but this message is reported:

could not save history to file "/usr/local/pgsql//.psql_history": Unknown
error: 0

There's no .psqlrc file so it's just using the default.  Since the message
is benign I'll just ignore it (like Jerry Levan does :)

Thanks,
David