Search Postgresql Archives

Re: the integer type

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
Dave Page wrote:
It's not a error, pgAdmin III simply does not display the
word integer in it's drop down comboboxes, it uses all the
internal representation of types not the SQL standard aliases.
Which allows you to use any custom datatype or domain that you like.

That is completely unrelated. If pgadmin (or any tool) passed the data types it presumably fetches from pg_type or thereabouts through the format_type function it could present the user with a full list of actually available data types but in their preferred spellings.

Yes, PG Lightning Admin uses the format_type function, though I modify some of the returned pretty names.
I change "character varying" back to varchar etc.

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design