Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Syntax Help Requested

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006, Tom Lane wrote:

That last is a SQL command, not a shell command, and anyway it would
default to assuming you were trying to grant privileges on a table named
"contacts" not a database named contacts.

Tom,

  I should have been clearer, that I was logged in to psql when I issued the
latter command.

  An off-list suggestion to use the syntax shown in psql's '\h grant' seems
to have worked:
             grant all priviledges on database contacts to xrms;
returned no errors.

You didn't show us any attempt to create anything in contacts ...

  The install script does this.

What exactly happens when you try to run the script?

  I get a bunch of error messages. I've passed those on to the xrms
developers.

With the default setup it shouldn't really matter whether xrms is the owner
of the contacts database or not.

  I didn't think so.

Thanks,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.             |  Quantifying subjectivity for the
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.(TM)  |  benefit of business and society.