Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to find the latest (partial) WAL file

On Apr 10, 2006, at 6:24 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

"Just Someone" <just.some@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
Is there a way to discover what is the real current WAL file?

If you sort first by mtime and second by file name you should find the
right one in all cases, ie, take the latest mtime among the
properly-named files, breaking ties by taking the higher filename.

It'd probably be better if we had a function to report this, but
you can get along without one.

Seems like a natural candidate for a TODO item. I'm not familiar with the relevant internals, but on the surface it seems like it might even be a % item?

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Database Architecture and Programming

http://www.sitening.com/