Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module

lmyho wrote:
After desperately checking, we were told that debian doesn't distribute the

binary

module of freeradius for postgresql because of the incompatible license of these

two

apps! However we can build the debian pkg from the source ourself if we need.

So

Sounds terribly unlikely, PostgreSQLs licence doesn't conflict with any
use anywhere. Can you provide a reference?

I wish things are not like this too! so I won't have to go through so much trouble! But that's what happened:-(
This is the ref was given:
The old / original BSD license is not compatible.
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#GPLIncompatibleLicenses
Anyway to change this?? So debian users can easily use postgresql and freeradius
together...

Changing the postgres license isn't going to happen - it has been debated many many many times in the past (check the archives).

Those warnings come from freeradius, not postgres - so best ask on their list whether they are serious or not.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/