Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Grouping aggregate functions

Thanks! That did the trick.

SELECT avg(minprice) FROM
(SELECT min(price) as minprice FROM weekly_supply_prices GROUP BY month );

This came up with an error too, but it pointed me in the right direction and was easy to fix. I needed to use an alias for the entire subquery too, so what finally worked is this:

SELECT avg(minprice) FROM
(SELECT min(price) AS minprice FROM weekly_supply_prices GROUP BY month) AS minprice_table;

Thanks again,
Rich