Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to use views&rules to dynamically choose which table to update

On Apr 01, 2006, at 12:57 am, Stephan Szabo wrote:

What should it do if you try to insert something that is neither french
nor english? I think an unconditional instead nothing rule might work
to supplement the two conditional ones if doing nothing is okay, but I
haven't tried.

Wahey! The empty unconditional insert fixed it. I never cease to be amazed with the stuff postgres can do when it's properly trained.

If the data is not english or french, (or in the real case, a car, van or bike etc) it's garbage and can be discarded, so I'm happy with this. It will only used for internal testing anyway.

Thank you both for your time reading my very cryptic question :)

Ashley