Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Issues with restoring

"beer" <beer@xxxxxxx> writes:
> We have a medium sized database that when dumped creates +4G files
> within the tar archive.  When we restore it seems that pg_restore has
> a 4G limit for reading files, once it reads 4G of a file, it moves on
> to the next file.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

There is a member size limit inherent to the tar-archive code, although
I thought it was 8G not 4G.  I'd recommend using custom format (-Fc not
-Ft).

Still, if the thing is truncating your data and not telling you so,
that'd qualify as a bug.

On some platforms there might be a problem with lack of large-file
support at the stdio level, too.  What is your platform?

			regards, tom lane