Search Postgresql Archives

Re: [Bulk] General advice on database/web applications

Ted Byers wrote:

I am developing a small web application.  Currently, our web server is
sitting outside our firewall (running its own firewall), and the application
being developed would let users do things like place orders.

My question is...what and where is the database for this?

What do you mean when you say your web server is running its own firewall? I could well be wrong, but I am not aware of a web server that can run a firewall; web servers and firewalls are, as I understand them, quite different kinds of software, though I am aware of some hardware that have built in firewalls.

He is probably running Linux, which has apache and iptables and thus is a webserver that is running its own firewall.

Joshua D. Drake