Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pgadmin

Mary Adel wrote:
I am trying to set PgAdmin so that i can connect from my pc to the
server  but i have error saying :

Error connecting to the server: could not connect to server:
Connection refused
Is the server running on host "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
You need to edit the postgresql.conf and set it to allow all connections by changing localhost to * , then you need to edit the pg_hba.conf file and allow access from all hosts or specific hosts.

both of these files can be found in the postgresql data directory.

Hope this helps,

Tony Caduto
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com
Home of PG Lightning Admin
There is a alternative to pgAdmin III for win32 users.