Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pgadmin

On Friday 24 March 2006 11:13 am, Mary Adel wrote:
> I am trying to set PgAdmin so that i can connect from my pc to the
> server  but i have error saying :
>
> Error connecting to the server: could not connect to server:
> Connection refused
> Is the server running on host "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" and accepting
> TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
>
> how i can solve this
> can anyone help??
>
> Thanks,
> mary

>        match
The answer depends on what version you are running. You need to look at the
postgresql.conf file for the server. On versions prior to 8.0  look for the
parameter tcpip_socket and set it to true, by default it is set to false. For
8.0 and above the parameter is listen_addresses and can be set to * to listen
to all IP interfaces on the server, by default it is set to localhost. This
only allows connections from the machine the server resides on.
--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@xxxxxxxxxxx