Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Slow trigger on identical DB but different machine

Tom Lane wrote:
Etienne Labuschagne <elabuschagne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
The strange thing is that both databases are EXACTLY the same with
EXACTLY the same SQL query executed (I restore both DBs from the same
backup file to ensure that everything is the same - data and objects).

Have you vacuumed and analyzed in both DBs?  This sounds like either out-
of-date stats or different configuration settings in the two.

			regards, tom lane

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

Yes, I have vacuum-analyzed the DB to no avail . . .