Search Postgresql Archives

Re: invalid UTF-8 byte sequence detected

On 3/16/06 12:41 AM, "Michael Glaesemann" <grzm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I hope you didn't take my comments as a suggestion: I think you
> *should* preprocess your data and use UTF8 as the default encoding
> (or another encoding that includes all of the characters you hope to
> use) for your database.

Yeah, after thinking about it some more, it probably isn't such a good idea
- it would make the database act rather strange with non U.S. Data.  I
really hate to have to burn the cycles to validate anything that looks like
extended UTF-8 characters, only to have Postgres do it again.  But maybe
there's no choice.

Wes