Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Relation 'pg_largeobject' does not exist

"Brandon Keepers" <bkeepers@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On 3/13/06, Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Ugh :-(  How many blobs have you got, thousands?

> Looks like there's over 17,000 blobs.  :(  But they're all very small,
> if that makes a difference.

No, it's just the number of 'em that counts.

>> Another possibility is to increase the lock table size, but that would
>> probably require recompiling the 7.0 backend.  If you're lucky,
>> increasing max_connections to the largest value the backend will support
>> will be enough.

> I'm not the admin of the box that this database is on, so I don't have
> any control over it.  I'm working on moving it to a box that I am the
> admin of.  But anyway, it sounds like this wouldn't work anyway since
> I have so many blobs.

7.0 sets the lock table size to 64 * max_connections, so if you can
crank max_connections up to 300 or so you should be able to dump.
I think this will work ... it's definitely worth a shot before you
start thinking about hacking the code.

			regards, tom lane