Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Clustered PostgreSQL

We're currently using Ubuntu Breezy Hedgehog for our existing
PostgreSQL database server (8.0.x). A Java-based applications uses the
database server via JDBC.

I'm not sure if this question is within the context but I would like
to know if clustering can provide a hot-standby instance for a
production-running PostgreSQL server? Say if the main db server goes
down, another hot-standy with mirrored data from the main server can
be used to replaced the defective db server.

--
http://jojopaderes.multiply.com
http://jojopaderes.wordpress.com