Search Postgresql Archives

Storage Estimates

Is there any documentation or literature on storage estimation for
PostgreSQL 8.1 on Windows?

If I am given raw data file structure and frequency, I want to be able
to calculate the amount of storage necessary to store one day, one
month, six months, one year, or two years worth of data. So I am
looking for some information on how data is stored in the database,
similar to numerous formulas you can use to calculate storage
requirements for Oracle (based on the size of a row of data, index type
and size, etc.)

Thanks.