Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Question about the contrib rpm ?

DANTE ALEXANDRA wrote:
Martijn van Oosterhout a écrit :

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 02:17:16PM +0100, DANTE ALEXANDRA wrote:
Hello,

We are working with PostGreSQL since november 2005, and ours questions are automatically those of novice persons, that's why your answer suprises us.

The aim of our question about the "contrib" rpm was to understand why this package exists, what it is used for, and how generate it. We know that we are building our own rpm, but by doing this, we also test PostGreSQL on an IA64 platform...

Sure. The contrib rpm contains everything in the contrib directory.
Look in there if you want to see what it is. They have README files.

The reason nobody can help you here is because not a lot of people here
know anything about rpms at all and thus don't know how to answer your
question. If you compile the stuff in contrib and include it in your
main package, fine. It's just seperated out because not everybody needs
it. It's not part of the core postgresql.

Have a nice day,

Thank you for your answer.
We will try to generate a "contrib" rpm from the contrib directory on an IA64 platform with the Intel compiler icc.

You could always take the .src.rpm and recompile it. It will create the same packages as postgresql does (so -libs, -contrib, -devel etc) but using your icc compiler.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/