Search Postgresql Archives

Updates to my PostgreSQL Wiki

I've got some new content on my wiki for PostgreSQL.

http://www.bluwiki.org/go/PostgreSQL_Tips_From_The_Sunburned_Surveyor

You will find an article on making connections to the PostgreSQL
server, and an article on creating automated backups of PostgreSQL
databases using a bash shell script.

These are two areas I didn't find much info on as a newbie. I managed
to work through them with some help and wanted to post my solutions
for other PostgreSQL/Linux newbies.

If more experienced users read over the articles and find mistakes or
something that could be imporved, please let me know.

I hope others in the community will benefit from the articles.

The Sunburned Surveyor

P.S. - I still have some sections to complete on the article about
automatic backups. I was also wondering, what is the -c switch used
for? What type of custom format would you export in a postgreSQL
backup?