Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Dumping functions

Steve Crawford wrote:
How can I dump a function definition with pg_dump?

Background: We often need to create objects that are all relevant to only a specific project. Sometimes it is a single table. Other times there are many tables, indexes, views, rules, triggers and functions. All the objects share a unique substring that identifies the project so automatically creating the list is easy.

When I use pg_dump to dump a table I will by default also get the associated indexes, rules and triggers. Views can be dumped just like tables. So all I need to do to archive the whole mess is to automate the dump of the functions.

Ideas?

Cheers,
Steve

This thread has a few options available