Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Temporal Databases, offtopic - relative updates

hello,

I have a somehow related question to this topic: is it possible to know (in postgresql) if an update on a column is absolute (set col = 3) or relative to it's previous value (set col = col + 3) in a trigger one have access to OLD row values and NEW row values, but no correlation between the two. is this type of information available somewhere in postgresql ?

thanks,
Razvan Radu

Rodrigo Sakai wrote:
  Hi everyone,
I'm focus on temporal databases (not temporary), and I want to know if anyone here is studying this tecnologies too. So, we can exchange knowlegment. Specifically, anyone who is trying to implement on postgresql the aspect of time (temporal). These researches are lead by Richard Snodgrass. So, anyone who have something to share, please contact me! Thanks!!!