Search Postgresql Archives

now() time off

Earlier this week when I logged into my database, I just so happened to notice that the value for now() was six hours off of the time reported by the operating system when using the date command from the command line. How is this possible? I rebooted the server and the problem magically went away. I am quite certain that I didn't modify anything in the database that should cause this problem. It turns out that that the now() time has been off for some time, and resulted in quite a bit of corrupted data. What exactly should I do in the future to keep this from happening, or where should I look for clues?

John