Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Why does an ON SELECT rule have to be named "_RETURN"?

Ken,
Why don't you tell us why you need updateable views? What exactly are you trying to accomplish? (you may have already mentioned it,but I must have missed it :-)

Why don't you create a set returning function and then have the client do the updating? i.e. have another function to update the data when the client changes the data. Maybe this is not that easy for a web interface, but in Delphi or Lazarus using the tdataset it's a piece of cake. Also what about using a .net disconnected dataset?

I can honestly say I have never had the need for a updatable view in any application I have ever created (thin or fat client). Maybe you just need to look at alternative application designs that don't need a updatable view.

Thanks,

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design