Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Create a new database from JDBC?

Dave Page wrote:

On 8/2/06 17:26, "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Certainly not what I want, since that database doesn't exist.  Is
there a system database I could always count on being available that I
could connect to?
template1 but only if you allow it from pg_hba.conf.

The postgres database would be more appropriate on 8.1+ (it is specifically
inteded for that kind of thing), however like template1, it can be dropped,
though that isn't advisable without good reason.

Regards, Dave.

So there is no guaranteed way to do this, unless there is a known, existing database? Seems like a shortcoming, to me. Would this be considered as a feature request, or does the current design make it to difficult to implement?

Dan

--
Daniel Armbrust