Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to enumerate/drop user sessions in windows

Oliver Fürst wrote:

As this is a bit hard to accomplish with Windows' own task manager, get SysInternals free Process Explorer from here http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html and after starting it, use Find -> Find Handle (CTRL + F) and search for "postgres:". This will give you a similar output like "ps aux|grep postgres:" on Linux.

If you then select on of the shown processes it will select the right process in the main window, where you can right click and select "Kill process" (DEL).

Thanks Oliver,

I can see that this would probably work because I have used the SysInternals' Process Explorer before.

It would be great if this could be done using the standard tools (psql for example). I was hoping that such an command existed.