Search Postgresql Archives

Re: My very first PL/pgSQL procedure...

why not have server a start at 1 and server b start at max int8/2. that will give each server alot of orders before you have an issue. They will will not have to play games with the sequence value.

Jim
Hi,

Your method is different from mine, but I think that both methods will face the same constraints in case of failover...

Anyway, my setup is working fine, so I won't change anything !
The only point is that it could have been useful to be able to lock a sequence...
It seems that it was possible with PostgreSQL 7.0, but was removed in 7.1 :
   http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2001-10/msg00928.php

Best regards,
Philippe Ferreira.