Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pgstattuple output?

Michael Crozier wrote:

I think I see now, "dead" tuples are the tuples that have yet to be reclaimed by vacuum, not tuples that are ready to be used. I'm still rather confused, as this table is only modified via inserts. No deletes or update operations are ever performed. Logically (ie "I don't really know the truth") this table should have no free tuples or free space except for the remainder of
the last allocated page.

I suspect that if a transaction rolls back, any inserts done in the interim turn into dead tuples.

- John Burger
  MITRE