Search Postgresql Archives

[no subject]

Every once in a while I've noticed the number of processes I've got running jumps up a little higher than normal. So I check it out and realize that I'm building up a bunch of processes that just aren't completing. About half of the one's not completing say "SELECT waiting". I'm not doing anything that I am aware of that could be blocking anything. I am only doing regular vacuums. I am not explicitly locking anything that I know of. Is there a way to figure out what each of these processes are waiting on?