Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Does this look ethical to you?

Bruce Momjian wrote:
Tony Caduto wrote:
I was doing a search on Google and found this link on Navicat's web page

http://pgsql.navicat.com/PG_Lightning_Admin/index.php

I am kind of ticked off that they are hijacking my product name this way.

This isn't really postgresal related but I was just wondering what others thought about this.

I don't have a problem with it, especially since they mention it is
their version of PostgreSQL (they use our name).
I might be misunderstanding your point Bruce but I believe Tony's problem is not that they are using PostgreSQL's name but they are using Pg Lightning in their name which is Tony's product not
Navicats..

Think about as if Command Prompt would to start using SRAAPowergres in their URL's..

At least that I how I read it.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake