Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Page-Level Encryption

Quoting "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

This is true but in answer to your question you can use something like
cryptfs. Note that you will loose performance.

Joshua D. Drake

I'm looking for something that runs *inside* of Postgres, at a higher level than a loop-back encrypted volume. This way, it would only be available when the database engine was running, and ideally only accessible to an authenticated/logged in user.
Nothing that I know of that would work without custom development. There are of course plenty of libraries.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Just as an aside, this paper is rather interesting:
<http://people.csail.mit.edu/akiezun/encrypted-search-report.pdf>

Instead of needing the table to be decrypted for ordinary access via SQL, they suggest a new method of indexing encrypted material. In it, they talk about a system (Mofdet) they've developed, but I was unable to locate anything online regarding it.

David