Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Image in postgresql 7.3

Peerri (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:

I'm with problems to record images in database in field type bytea.
I'm using visual basic 6.0 and object ado stream to convert binary.

They say me if another way exists to record the images in the data base.

This may not be for the faint of heart, but what I do is uuencode images and store them in TEXT type columns. I started doing this because (and here my memory may not be serving me with clear fidelity) I got the impression from documentation when I first started using PG several years ago that there was some "gotcha" related to BLOBs or BYTEA type columns in the pg_dump/pg_restore process. This approach has worked for my needs (mugshots and scanned written signatures), and so I never revisited the implementation.