Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Partitioning: Planner makes no use of indexes on inherited

Richard Huxton wrote:
I don't suppose changing it to:
  ORDER BY this_.cdr_id, this_.id
does anything for you?

Nope. Same cost :-(

I am currently trying to find a way to intercept and modify
the sql generated by hibernate. There does not seem to be
any hook for general queries. My last resort will be to create
a jdbc driver as a wrapper.
Parsing the statement will not be trivial, though.

Still, even though it would be easy to fix with different SQL,
I think this is a shortcoming that postgres should fix.