Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Drupal and postgreSQL

On Jan 14, 2006, at 2:46 PM, brew@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I'm probably going to connect Drupal to mysql and play some more. If we end up using it I'm leaning toward converting the ecommerce module table definition file from mysql to postgreSQL, I'll cross that bridge when we
come to it.

In the meantime...... can anybody around here shed any light on using the
Drupal ecommerce module with postgreSQL?

I have used parts of the module (primarily the address management) and I did not find it difficult to port for PostgreSQL. It appears redoing the table definitions for PostgreSQL is the primary task. This should not be too difficult, and there are some automated tools which might be helpful:

http://sqlfairy.sourceforge.net/
http://software.newsforge.com/software/05/12/15/1611251.shtml

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/