Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Connection specific information - Temporary table used

Alban Hertroys <alban@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> pgsql.waldvogel@xxxxxxx wrote:
>> The question: Is there any feature/technique that a) can create
>> temporary tables as in the SQL Standard defined

> CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE, as per the SQL spec probably. PostgreSQL is
> pretty standards compliant, I'd be surprised if it isn't in this respect.

No, the spec actually does say that temp tables should work that way.
See the "compatibility" section of our CREATE TABLE reference page:

	The standard's definition of the behavior of temporary tables is
	widely ignored. PostgreSQL's behavior on this point is similar
	to that of several other SQL databases.

			regards, tom lane