Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PGError: server closed the connection unexpectedly

You're not using the same PG connection from two different threads, or
fork()ing and trying to use the same connection in the parent and the
child, or anything like that?

Aha! In the ruby code, I am forking! I'll make the child reconnect and see if that helps (I am almost sure this will fix it). This one I should have guessed - I dealt with similar stuff in perl somewhat recently.

The pg_dumpall problem... I'll crank the debug level and see if there's anything interesting there, and if so I'll post about it again.

Thanks Doug!
--
Dave Steinberg
http://www.geekisp.com/