Search Postgresql Archives

Question about how an application should store "system"

I have decided that I'm going to resume working on my pgDesigner project ( http://www.hardgeus.com/projects/pgdesigner/ ). I haven't really maintained it for over a year, but I get about 200 visits a day to the project homepage, and about two or three emails a week asking for help. As the project currently stands, it stores datamodel information in a text file separate from the database. What I would like to do is modify the application such that it can operate in "live" mode. i.e. store all visual datamodel information in the database itself in a series of tables. My question for this list is the following: Is there a standard way for storing quasi-system related information in Postgres. i.e., this is essentially an admin tool, and I was wondering if there are naming conventions etc. I should follow such as the table names etc.
John