Search Postgresql Archives

Re: inserting many rows

Hi,
	You probably want something like "COPY table_name FROM STDIN";
here's an example from a table that defines flags:

COPY auth_flag (id, name, description) FROM stdin;
2	Admin	System Administrator Access
4	New Password	User must change password on next login
8	Super Admin	Allow this administrator to edit other administrators
\.

	(Those are real tabs between the fields, not spaces). See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/sql-copy.html for more info.

	One caveat: If any of your columns are sequences, you'll have to
update their values manually after doing the COPY.

	Chees,
		Tyler