Search Postgresql Archives

Re: is this a bug or I am blind?

Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

On Sat, Dec 17, 2005 at 05:01:15PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
I think the real solution is to implement COLLATE support.
Maybe so, but we still need to figure out what we're doing for the back
branches, and that won't be it ...

To be honest, there are really only a handful of locales that suffer
from this issue, so perhaps we should document it and move on.

I don't agree. Usually I read the whole documentation of the software I use, but you cannot presume that every user even with good sql skills will check the documentation for a thing he wouldn't imagine.

With knowing the background it is understandable locale problem, but in the user's point of view it's a weird and serious bug which shouldn't be there. Using hu_HU with latin2 is a normal marrying.

Some users (including me) don't always read the "known issues" chapter, even for a good quality software.

      Mage