Search Postgresql Archives

Re: [Pgsqlrpms-hackers] Re: DBlink documentation

Joe Conway <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I'm happy to lump all the docs back into the README if that's what you
> want, but I split it up in the first place because it was getting very long.

No, I'm not really proposing that we force all contrib modules to have
only a README.  I'm just annoyed by the lack of consistency (dblink/doc
versus tsearch2/docs, and some of the other modules seem to have some
doc files just loose in their top directory).

It's not only the downstream packagers that have missed these: the
Makefiles don't install them either.

It'd be a good idea to settle on what we want the installed file layout
to be --- do we need to create subdirectories under {prefix}/doc to
forestall name conflicts?

			regards, tom lane