Search Postgresql Archives

Re: timestamp <-> ctime conversion question...

Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 08:21:20PM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
Presumably this would allow timestamps to be displayed with a
timezone other than the current setting.
*Display* of timestamptz values at arbitrary time zones is
already possible using the "at time zone" syntax. Retrieving
the "original" (as in "as inserted"), however, isn't
possible to date. It would certainly be very useful. In

Actually, a while ago I wrote a module that would allow you to store
arbitrary tags with normal values and it would remember them. One of
the applications I thought of was such a type:

Hi,

thanks to all for your helpful suggestions - i have now decided to go with changing the timezone in the postgres installation to UTC - that seems to be the best solution to me.

thanks,

Alex