Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Free Pascal and Postgresql Functions, Possible?

That said, pascal has historically had a different calling convention
and that is likely to cause the most issues.

Free Pascal offers the cdecl modifier, which allows to declare and access functions with C style call convention. However, someone needs to write the necessary interface to the internal PostgreSQL structures that are needed for UDFs.

Have a nice day,

dito

Sounds like it may be possible then.
Man, if someone where to come up with a simple example on just doing something like adding two numbers or similar it might convince a few Delphi/Kylix/Freepascal users to switch over from Firebird/Interbase.

I guess I could help with such a task if someone with C experience could help also. I have Freepascal/Lazarus installed as well as Kylix.

Does anyone know what header would need to be ported to Pascal?

Later,

Tony