Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Map of Postgresql Users (OT)

Claire McLister wrote:
Hi All,

The only objection that I've heard to using Google maps is there are some 'copyright issues'. AFAIK, Google Maps come with a fairly liberal license. As long as you use it in a web application that is freely accessible to users, you are within their terms of use. The problem with other approaches was to get wide ranging map images.

While it would be nice to showcase some of the other technologies, maybe we can get started on the map and move towards the showcase as the technologies and infrastructure becomes available.

 To kick things off, I have created a map for Postgresql users at:

   http://www.zeesource.net/maps/map.do?group=1122

Go ahead and add yourself to the map with the password 'pgsql'. You can add entries to the map either by specifying a location information (address (US), city, state, and country) or just double click on a location.

Use the color coding of Green -> Consultant, Red -> User, and Yellow -> developer.

does developer mean postgresql developer( contributes code to the postgresql code base), or any developer that utilizes postgresql in their applications?