Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Problem: libpq, network traffic, memory usage

Hi Andreas,

The same question was yesterday on [pgsql-de-allgemein] ;-)
Yes - I just found it. :-) But I don't know whether it is really the same prob.

You have selected _ALL_ records, you got all records. Thats the point.
I SELECTed them, that's right, but I didn't FETCHed them. I thought that would be a difference. It's at least the way it works with MSSQL and ODBC/OLEDB (that's where I am coming from...)

BTW: The ODBC driver for postgres has the same <sorry> flaw </sorry>. The ODBC API provides a cursor model but the driver doesn't seem to implement it, because the same libpq behaviour occurs.

Is there ANY driver (ODBC, OLEDB) around that uses the cursor model?

You can use a CURSOR to walk through the result.
Sorry, but I don't know exactly how to do that, can you help me out? We are working with a C++ library that uses PQExec(). I don't even get pgAdmin III to display data fetched by a cursor. ->please refer to my posting to Scott.

Thanx in advance,

Alexander