Search Postgresql Archives

Re: news.postgresql.org slow

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005, stig erikson wrote:

Hi.
this might not be the correct place to ask but i see not better place.

i use the news server news.postgresql.org. every now and then i go offline and i usually do a offline synchronization before (download every message, head + body).

the news.postgresql.org server seems to have some speed limit that only allows the receiver (my news reader) to fetch ~2 messages per second.
this is painfully slow.
would it be possible for the server holder to change this limit (if such a limit is in place) to allow, say, twice as many bodies to be transmitted per second?

it is not a bandwidth problem at my end (but could of course be something else at my end), i don't see this problem with other news servers though.

There are no limits imposed on the news server, but you might want to try news.fr.postgresql.org, which might be a closer server for you ...

----
Email: scrappy@xxxxxxx           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664