Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How: single db, multiple users

--- Eric E <whalesuit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At the database level, you can assign creation and
> other permissions to
> users, but (AFAIK) you cannot deny users to a
> database. However, you can
> effectively control users' access to a particular
> database by granting
> or denying them access to a schema within that
> database.

Eric,

Thanks for the carification.  It is quite helpful for
me early in my introduction to PostgreSQL.

So that I hear you correctly, it is OK then for only
one user to be the owner of a database.  Then I will
give other users privileges on a one by one basis.
And I can do this for a particular schema in a
database or all schemas in it, without enumerating all
the tables in those schemas?  Am I correct?

What kind of privileges do I need to give other users
so that they can create tables, delete them, update
them, etc. in that database?   Can I use "ALL"
priveleges here?

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs