Search Postgresql Archives

Re: accessing text of the query in a rule

Toni Casueps wrote:
I am making rules for a table and I want to know what values or variables can I use apart from the "new..." and old... fields, for example I would like to read the SQL query that the user wrote that caused this rule to execute. Can this be done?

No. And there's isn't necessarily an original query that's relevant. What about a rule activated due to actions taken by a trigger. Are you still interested in the user's query, or the query the trigger issued?

If there's a particular problem you're trying to solve, the details might well give someone enough info to help.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd